Sunday, March 21, 2010

I knew this would happen...

I started this blog with the intention of constantly updating my life and these discoveries that I'm making. It's been a while. So, this update is from 12:49 at night, and I am quite tired (which means very shimmering words will be said). This will be like a longer, extended twitter post. This past month, that I haven't written, has been introspective. I had the opportunity to go to NYC and learn about planting churches in an urban environment. Very simple, fundamental information, but nevertheless intriguing. That city worked on my heart and broadened my vision for God's work. Another aspect of my past month's life which has broadened my vision is the aspect of unexpected occurrences. This genre of the events usually takes the form of a surprise: birthday, letter, visitor, etc. But, the loss of a dear friend can also be a surprise. A surprise which gives perspective to my limited time on this ground. Feeling the effects of a sinful world has become more real to me, and I'm processing how to process these concerns and frustrations. Concerns being what I'm doing here, now, and for my future. Frustrations being not knowing all of the answers. We always say, "Time will tell." Patience is truly a virtue. I remember when I was little and my dad would read to my sister and I about what the "good" virtues were. Patience was always an important one, especially in my family. So concerning the death, time will tell, whilst enduring for understanding. I'm tired. Drink a tea with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment